This policy also details your rights and how to contact us if you have any further questions.
Help to Own Limited (company number 11908119) and is registered by the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller under registration number ZB031281.
What information do we collect about you?
Only information necessary for the ongoing operation and future development of the business and website will be collected and held.
- Your IP address, details of which version of web browser you used, information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website.
- We cannot personally identify you using this data.
- Your name, address, contact details and personal information relevant to conducting business.
How will we use the information about you?
Depending on the nature of the consent to hold information, HTO will use it for one or more of the following purposes:
- To improve our website site by monitoring how you use it and respond to questions and/or applications.
- Provide data to complete business transactions
- Prevention and detection of fraud
This means that the legal basis for us processing your personal information described above will typically be the following:
- Because it is necessary to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you
- The processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
- For our legitimate business interests
You may submit personal data via our website contact forms. The data captured allows us to send you relevant marketing and communications.
You can opt-out anytime by unsubscribing or emailing email@example.com with a request to be removed from the marketing list.
Who we share your personal information with
We will only share personal data with third parties where we are legally permitted to do so. We do not provide information to third-parties for their own marketing purposes and we do not undertake mailings for third parties. Where we transfer personal data to third-parties we will put in place appropriate arrangements and seek to ensure that there are appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect personal data.
We may provide personal data to:
- Our Property Agents Wolverhampton Homes who will process applications
- Third-parties who provide IT services to support our business such as server maintenance, security and information back up, and cloud-based software providers
- Third-parties who provide PR and marketing support to our business
- Payment service providers who provide services for sending and receiving payments
- Professional advisors who need it to provide advice and services to us
- Our business partners
- Compliance and regulatory bodies such as the financial Conduct Authority, the police, the courts and any other central or local government bodies where they request it and we may lawfully disclose it, for example for the prevention and detection of crime
- Other people who make a subject access request to us, where we allowed to do so by law
We also share the information we process where we are legally obliged to do so, for example to comply with a court order.
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Data pertaining to declined applications for the Help to Own scheme will be permanently deleted.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include:
The right to request access to your personal information (“a subject access request”)
To update your personal data held on our records
To erase or restrict your personal information where it is no longer needed for the purpose it was obtained
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us using the details set out in the “contacting us” section below with the subject line “personal information request”.
In your request, please supply the following details:
First name and surname
Your email address
Address and postcode
Details of the right you wish to exercise, the information you seek or the amendments you wish us to make to our records
Proof of identity – a document which contains a signature, such as a passport
This information will enable us to quickly identify and deal with your request.
Write Help To Own Limited, 45 Church Street, Birmingham, B3 2RT
We will do our very best to answer any questions and resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. If, however, you feel we do not meet your expectation you have the right to complain to the UK’s supervisory authority – The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), telephone 0303 123 1113.